Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Week 28

It is the third trimester now. So fast time seems to run by. While I do look forward for this whole episode to end with the baby's grand entrance into my life, I do feel a bit of dread, a bit of regret. This most probably will be my last pregnancy, never again will I have a squirming baby in my womb or the back ache, the indigestions, flatulence, spots on my face and the ever-persisting ache all over from top to toe. As uncomfortable as pregnancies may be, as 'bumpy' as the road (and my body) may be, it is a one-of-a-kind kind of experience, and I feel privileged by it all. Thinking that I will never experience the journey again makes me feel somewhat sad.

The baby is very active - sometimes it jabs me so hard that it hurts. But yaounde know what, I love it. It's a private moment, bonding moment only me and the baby know. I make Yamtuan and the kids put their hands on my bloated tummy to feel the movement but they can never exactly feel what I feel. How privileged is that?

No comments:

Post a Comment