Monday, April 4, 2011

Week 7+

Have I ever been this sick before? I don’t think so. For previous pregnancies, I remember the night (or rather, after office hours) to be the onset of the morning sickness. Yamtuan would be so jealous of work, because I would be fine at work. The moment I reached home, or the moment I saw him (whichever first, hahaha) I would be flat with nauseousness. I practically just vegetate in the bedroom. Work seemed to get the best of me. Family got the worst. Why? I dunno, it was certainly not intentional.

This time around, morning sickness started earlier. Around lunch time. Bad. The last three pregnancies, I actually vomited maybe 4 to 5 times a week. Now, twice a day. To help combat nausea, I have to constantly eat. Snacks and fruits don’t seem to work. It seems I need carbo. And so you will see how carbo have accumulated on my face and around my waist and on the hips. I am so SO fat! And it is not baby fat either. Sigh….

So now, on the way home from work, I would have my face in a plastic bag, throwing up and the stench from what meals I just had would be so overpowering that more throwing up is induced. Terrible.

Oh, I should also describe that heightened sense of smell. Someone would be standing at the door to my office and I would know that she uses Hazeline Snow or Syura or Follow Me or what have you. Sun would be in the doorway and my nostrils would be so invaded with his smell – bitter! And Dot and Tiga are just plain masam.

‘Nak kiss’ my kids would be pleading from the door.

‘No, go away, I will kiss you in the morning’, I will tell them.

And later Yamtuan told me, the kids huddled together over their Buku Kesihatan trying to find out what germs, what malady could have afflicted their mother.

I am sorry kids, but really, give me a few more weeks.

According to the text book, morning sickness lasts only during the first trimester, anywhere between Week 4 to Week 14. It is not abnormal to have it throughout pregnancy as well, everyday for 38 weeks (siah palehhhhhh - that's an euivalent of 'touch wood' in N9-speak).

7 more weeks to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment