Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Week 32+

I definitely am very pregnant now with 4 more weeks to go before the C-date i.e 1/11/11.

It sure is worrying though to have people (and a lot of them too), look at my tummy and go cluck their tongue, looks like its going to be earlier than 1 November, they said.

According to the doctor, my actual due date is 17/11/11. But because it is a planned C, he penciled me in two weeks earlier. According to the Ultrasound scans, the baby is at 32-33 weeks of age, in terms of size and weight. The thing is, I couldn’t remember the first day of last menstruation and so 17/11/11 is calculated based on a date that I just guessed. As far as ultrasounds go, I am actually just a small chick, at 4’10”. Below average really. My hubby isn’t that tall either. Between the two of us, we produce small babies. And so I wonder, the maths in ultrasound machines are based on the average size of what babies? The world’s? Or non-asians? What if it is the average of Caucasian babies? Then at 2kg weight, my baby is actually older than 33 weeks! Then my due date really is earlier than 17/11/11 and so the C should have been done earlier than 1/11/11! Eeeeeeeeps! As if I don’t already have enough worries on my mind.

I feel contractions now, short sporadic ones, but painful still, as less-than-a-minute as they may be. The baby’s movement is less jerky due to less space, but more painful. I love to feel his knees and feet and push them back in when they potrude out from my belly. I find the baby’s movement a great comfort, reassuring.

I have bought most things now. Mattress, clothes, etc – for baby and me.

And so now we count the days, and wait, and we pray that the estimation date is a good intelligent guess.

1 comment: